Friday, October 4, 2019

Introductory

I am Katelyn Pustam, a student enrolled in Fort Lauderdale High School's Pre-Law program. I am currently in 10th grade. I am apart of the Make a Friend Be a Friend program, taking AICE courses to get my diploma, and I run track for the after school track team. I really like being apart of the Make a Friend Be a Friend program, because it is a non profit organization. While the program used to be attached to the school, it is now basically an entirely separate organization. I am the press secretary under the executive department of the company, and I work with my best friend Leah Edwards during this time. My AICE classes have taught me the hard part of high school, but it shows me that I have to work harder each time and do better. Track allows me to stay in shape, but also enjoy what I'm doing. Throughout all three of these completely different tasks, I have made so many friends at my school.

My family are the most important people to me. I have two sisters, my mom, and my dad. My oldest sister is Sonali and she is 20 years old. She currently attends Florida State University, and she graduates in 2021. She is currently studying financing in the marketing section. My second sister, Mitali, is 18 years old. She recently graduated Fort Lauderdale High School, and is currently enrolled at the University of Florida. She is going to graduate in 2024, and she is studying financing in the business section. My mom and dad are both business owners of the Adobe Hacienda Motel, which is  very inspiring. My family is full of love and support for anything I do, and I'm so glad that they're always there for me as I will always be there for them.

The very rare days I'm not busy with track or homework, I love to hangout with my friends. My friends play a very important role in my life. They are always there to motivate and support me for anything I do. They make me happy and I appreciate them so much. This summer I was able to go back to Trinidad to see my cousins, and I made so many more friends while learning more about my culture. Personally, I enjoy learning about new cultures, as knowing about others beliefs and religions has always fascinated me. I've had friends I have known for about 10 years, and some I've known for about 2. I love them all equally, because they never fail to share their kindness and love with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment